- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch (12-cup) tube or Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. This may take about 3-5 minutes of beating.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan, and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing it from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, you can dust the pound cake with powdered sugar or a simple glaze if desired.
- Slice and serve this classic, two-step pound cake.
Enjoy your delicious, moist pound cake!