- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (regular or Mexican)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (regular or hot)
- 1 lb spaghetti pasta
- 1 stick butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (red or green), chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil chicken breasts in a large pot with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper added to the water. Remove chicken when completely done, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Boil spaghetti pasta in the remaining broth according to package directions. Drain pasta after it’s done, and discard the water. Set aside the pasta; do not rinse.
- Melt the butter in the same (now empty) pot and sauté the chopped onion and bell pepper.
- Add the Rotel tomatoes, cream of chicken soup, cooked chicken (cut into bite-size pieces), and spaghetti to the sautéed onion mixture, one at a time, gently mixing them together.
- Add the Velveeta cheese and stir until it’s melted thoroughly, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve with a salad and hot garlic bread. Enjoy your delicious chicken spaghetti!