For the Rolls:
- 1 Packet dry active yeast
- ¼ cup Warm water
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Softened unsalted butter
For the Honey Cinnamon Butter:
- 4 tablespoons Butter, softened and unsalted
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Confectioners sugar
Making the Rolls:
- Place the yeast in a bowl or container with warm water, stir once, and let it rest.
- In a microwave-safe container, warm the milk and buttermilk until they are heated. If the buttermilk separates, it’s okay; it won’t affect the recipe.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of softened butter into the milk and buttermilk mixture until melted.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk mixture, yeast, granulated sugar, salt, and 1 cup of flour. Beat on high with a dough hook until well combined and smooth.
- Add the egg to the bowl and beat until well incorporated.
- Slowly add the remaining flour a little at a time until the dough comes cleanly away from the dough hook attachment in the mixer.
- Flour the dough slightly and shape it into a ball in a well-greased large mixing bowl.
- Cover and let the dough rest to rise for 1 hour.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll it out to a thickness of ½ inch.
- Cut the dough into 12 even rectangular shapes.
- Fold the ends of each rectangle under to form a roll shape and let them sit on a parchment or silicone mat-lined baking sheet to rise slightly for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the rolls for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Brush with melted butter on top if desired.
Making the Honey Cinnamon Butter:
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the cinnamon honey butter.
- Mix until completely combined.
Serve the warm rolls with the honey cinnamon butter. Enjoy your homemade Texas Roadhouse’s Rolls!