- 22 Golden Oreos, crushed
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Jar of Smucker’s strawberry ice cream topping
- 12 Golden Oreos, crushed & divided into 2 bowls (one for plain Oreo topping, one for your strawberry ones)
- 1 1/2 tsp softened butter
- 3 Tbsp from a small package of strawberry gelatin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the outer perimeter of your springform pan with aluminum foil and generously apply butter to the inside to prevent sticking.
- Crush the Oreo cookies and incorporate the melted butter. Press into the bottom of your springform pan.
- Place one 8-ounce package of cream cheese, 1/3 cup of sugar, and the cornstarch in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low until creamy, about 3 minutes, then beat in the remaining 3 packages of cream cheese.
- Increase the mixer speed to high and beat in the remaining 1 1/3 cups of sugar, then beat in the vanilla.
- Blend in the eggs, one at a time, beating the batter well after each one.
- Blend in the heavy cream.
- Mix the filling only until completely blended. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Gently spoon half of the cheese filling on top of the prepared crust. Spoon plops half of the jar of strawberry topping here and there. Drag a butter knife through the strawberries to marbleize the cheese/strawberries.
- Spoon in the other half of the batter and then repeat the strawberry process on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until there is only a slight jiggle when shaken gently.
- In a small bowl or the food processor, add the Oreo cookies and pulse into large crumbs.
- Add the softened butter and mix gently with a fork or your hands to make pea-sized pieces stick together.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour strawberry jello powder over the remaining crumbs and continue pinching the pieces together. Add more softened butter if needed for the mixture to stick to the cake.
Enjoy your homemade strawberry shortcake cheesecake!