Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 5 hours, 10 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak
- 1 red bell pepper, large dice
- 1 green bell pepper, large dice
- 1 onion, large dice
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Coat the steak generously with black pepper, giving it a gentle massage. Dice the steak into cubes or slice it into strips, according to your preference, and place it in a 6-quart slow cooker with the diced onions and bell peppers.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup of beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder. Pour this mixture over the steak and vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Mix the remaining 1/2 cup of beef broth with cornstarch and add it to the slow cooker. Stir everything well to ensure a harmonious blend.
- Secure the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours. As a final touch, taste and adjust the seasonings, if desired.
- Enjoy your Slow Cooker Pepper Steak!
Note: This dish pairs well with steamed rice or noodles.