- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can of tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste for spiciness)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and sliced green onions for topping (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until it’s browned and crumbled. Drain the excess fat.
- Add the chopped onion and green bell pepper to the skillet with the beef. Cook for a few minutes until they begin to soften. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Transfer this mixture to your slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, and all the spices: chili powder, cumin, paprika, dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir all the ingredients together in the slow cooker until well combined.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. The longer it cooks, the more the flavors meld together.
- Serve your delicious slow cooker chili hot, garnished with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and sliced green onions, if desired.
Enjoy your hearty and flavorful slow cooker chili!