- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (adjust to taste)
- Begin by heating the granulated sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts and turns into a rich amber color.
- Carefully pour the heavy cream into the caramelized sugar while stirring constantly. Be cautious as the mixture will bubble up.
- Once the cream is fully incorporated, add the unsalted butter and continue to stir until it melts and the mixture becomes smooth and glossy.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the sea salt. Adjust the amount of salt to your taste preference.
- Allow the caramel to cool down before transferring it to a glass jar or an airtight container.
- You can use this salted butter caramel as a topping for ice cream, drizzle it over desserts, or use it as a dip for fruits.
- Enjoy your homemade salted butter caramel! It’s a sweet and salty delight that can elevate a wide range of treats.
Feel free to adjust the sea salt to your liking, as some prefer a more intense salted flavor while others enjoy it milder.