- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Place the oats in a large bowl and add the milk. Stir to coat the oats and let them sit for about 15 minutes to soak up the milk.
- Add the ground beef, beaten eggs, dry onion soup mix, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and pepper to the oat mixture. Mix it all together using your hands, working the oats into the meat.
- Once the mixture is well combined, place it in a 9×9 baking pan and form it into a loaf about 1 3/4 inches thick.
- Place the meatloaf in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for 30 minutes.
- While it’s baking, make the topping by whisking together the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and yellow mustard.
- After 30 minutes, remove the meatloaf from the oven and brush the topping over it, making sure to coat the sides as well.
- Place it back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
Enjoy your homemade meatloaf!