- 1 Angel Food Cake (prepared)
- 1 package Instant Vanilla pudding mix (3.4 ounces)
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup Sour Cream or plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling (20 ounces)
- 1 container Cool Whip (8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon toasted almond slices (optional)
- Cut the angel food cake into cubes and set them aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, milk, sour cream (or Greek yogurt), and almond extract. Set this mixture aside.
- In a 13×9 inch baking dish, place half of the cake cubes in the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon 3/4 of the cherry pie filling over the cake in the baking dish.
- Repeat with another layer of cake cubes.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the top of the cake, spreading it out evenly.
- Spoon the Cool Whip over the pudding layer.
- Dollop the remaining cherry pie filling on top.
- Refrigerate the cake for 4 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, you can sprinkle toasted almond slices on top as an optional garnish.
- For the Cake Layer: You can make your angel food cake from scratch, or you can use a boxed mix or store-bought angel food cake. Pound cake is also a delicious alternative.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix: Use the four-serving box size, and make sure it’s the INSTANT variety.
- Milk: Less milk is used than traditionally for pudding mix to create a thick filling.
- Almond Extract: It adds extra flavor to the cake.
- Cherry Pie Filling: Use a 20-ounce can.
- Cool Whip: You can also use homemade stabilized whipped cream as an alternative.
- Almond Slices: These are optional, but toasting the nuts adds even more flavor.
Enjoy your Heavenly Cake! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.