- 2 boxes (14.1 oz each) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can (21 oz) peach pie filling (or apple pie filling, as per your preference)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Allow the refrigerated pie crusts to come to room temperature while you prepare the filling.
- In a shallow bowl, empty the pie filling and use a fork and knife to dice the peaches into small pieces. Add the cinnamon and mix until well blended. Set this filling aside.
- Unroll the pie crusts and cut 6 circles from each crust using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. You might need to re-roll the scraps to get that 6th circle.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, place the peach (or apple) pie filling into the center of each pie crust circle. Fold the circles in half and pinch the edges together completely. Then, fold the pinched edges over and press them with the tines of a fork to seal. Make a small poke with the fork on top of each hand pie to prevent bursting.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg white until frothy. Brush this over the tops of each hand pie.
- Place the hand pies on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, keeping them about 1 inch apart. Bake them for approximately 15 minutes, or until they turn beautifully brown.
- While the pies are baking, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until you have a smooth glaze.
- Once the pies are baked, remove them from the baking sheet and dip them into the glaze while they’re still warm, coating them completely. You can use two forks to flip them in the glaze and remove them carefully. Then, return them to the parchment paper and allow the glaze to set for about 5 minutes.
Now, it’s time to savor the sweet delight of your Fried Apple or Peach Pies. Share these delicious hand pies with loved ones and subscribe to our blog for more mouthwatering recipes. Enjoy every bite of these homemade treats! ❤️