- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- With a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the butter on high speed for about 3 minutes or until it becomes creamy and lightened in color, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add the confectioners sugar, cocoa powder, 3 tablespoons of heavy cream, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Beat on low speed until the sugar is incorporated, then increase the speed to medium/high and beat for 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl several times to ensure everything is well blended. Add another tablespoon of heavy cream if needed to thin the frosting.
Enjoy your delicious and famous buttercream frosting!