- 5 eggs
- 150g granulated sugar
- 100g flour
- 50g cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Start by separating the egg yolks from the egg whites. Divide the sugar between the whites and yolks. Add a dash of vanilla extract to the yolks and mix.
- Add warm water to the yolks and stir.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, and baking powder) and add them to the yolks. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture in stages to create a light and airy batter.
- Pour the batter onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake it in the oven.
After baking, shape the biscuit using a cutter, and prepare it for layering with chocolate mousse. Decorate the cake with ganache and cocoa, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Chocolate Mousse Ingredients:
- 200g milk chocolate
- 200ml fresh cream
- 60g granulated sugar
- 6g gelatin
- Begin by dissolving the gelatin in a cup of cream.
- In a separate bowl, beat the remaining cream with sugar until it thickens.
- Melt the milk chocolate using a double boiler or a microwave, then add the melted gelatin-infused cream. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream and gently fold it until well combined.
Once your chocolate mousse is ready, you can layer it onto the biscuit and proceed with the cake assembly. Refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hours to allow it to set.
This Chocolate Mousse Cake is a heavenly treat that combines the best of both worlds – rich chocolate flavors and a light, airy texture. Enjoy! 🍫🍰