- 3 eggs
- 1 plain yogurt
- 1 yogurt container (using the yogurt container as a measure) of mild olive oil
- 2 yogurt containers of sugar
- 3 yogurt containers of flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 200 ml of whipping cream
- Jam (strawberry, in this case)
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
For the chocolate coverage:
- 200 grams of couverture chocolate
- 100 ml of heavy cream
- In a mixing bowl, place the eggs and sugar, and beat them together.
- Add the yogurt, flour, and olive oil to the egg and sugar mixture. Beat everything until well combined.
- Add the packet of baking powder and gently stir it into the batter using a spatula.
- In the microwave, melt the dark chocolate with a bit of butter and incorporate it into the batter. Mix it thoroughly with gentle, folding movements.
- Preheat the oven, and bake the cake for 20 minutes at 120°C (250°F), then for an additional 10 to 15 minutes at 150°C (300°F).
- While the cake is baking, whip the cream with a little sugar to taste and place it in the fridge to keep it cold.
- Once the cake is done and has cooled, cut it in half. Spread jam on one side of the cake and add the whipped cream to the other side.
- Close the cake by placing the two halves together.
For the chocolate coverage: 10. In a microwave-safe container (or you can use a double boiler), melt the couverture chocolate and mix it with the heavy cream.
- Cover the cake with the chocolate sauce.
Enjoy your Chocolate Cake with Cream!