- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup good quality cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups mashed banana
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two 9-inch cake pans well and dust with cocoa. Alternatively, you can line the pans with parchment paper after greasing them.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the mashed banana and vegetable oil.
- Mix together the lemon juice and milk to sour it.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture, alternately with the soured milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. You can add the dry ingredients in 3 portions and the soured milk in 2 portions.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Enjoy your delicious Chocolate Banana Cake!