- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes or strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes or strips
- 8 ounces flank steak, sliced into strips against the grain
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a medium-sized skillet or wok over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the bell peppers and cook for 1-2 minutes until they become tender. Remove the peppers and set them aside on a plate.
- Increase the heat to high and add the flank steak. Cook it on each side to sear the beef. Reduce the heat to medium-high and continue cooking until the meat is no longer pink and has browned on each side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, and cornstarch.
- Add the cooked bell peppers back to the skillet and pour the sauce over the ingredients. Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve this delicious pepper steak over rice, and enjoy your meal!
This Best-Ever Pepper Steak is packed with flavor and is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Give it a try and savor the savory goodness!