- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large bay leaf
- Place the beef stew meat in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt, and ground black pepper together. Pour this mixture over the meat and stir until the meat is coated.
- Add beef broth, sliced carrots, diced potatoes, chopped onion, chopped celery, Worcestershire sauce, ground paprika, minced garlic, and the large bay leaf. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook until the beef is tender enough to cut with a spoon. You can cook it on the Low setting for 8 to 12 hours, or on the High setting for 4 to 6 hours.