- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped yellow sweet onions (Maya, Vidalia, etc)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods, Hellmann’s, or Vegenaise)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder, to taste (optional but recommended)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika or 1/8 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder or 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the onions, minced garlic, mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, cheddar cheese, and Tabasco sauce (and curry powder, if using).
- Spread the mixture into a lightly greased, small-to-medium-sized baking dish.
- Top the mixture with grated Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with paprika to taste. (You can substitute ground ancho chile powder for paprika if you prefer more kick.)
- Bake in the preheated 350-degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onion (scallion).
- Serve the dip hot or warm with crackers, bread, or raw vegetable dippers.
This recipe makes about 6 servings. Feel free to double the batch if needed. Enjoy!