For the Chocolate Cake:
- 200g of flour.
- 50g of cocoa powder.
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 200g of sugar.
- 2 eggs.
- 120ml of vegetable oil.
- 240ml of milk.
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
For the Coconut Filling:
- 200g grated coconut.
- 400g of condensed milk.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 200g of baking chocolate.
- 200ml of whipping cream (milk cream).
- 50g of butter.
1. Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and combine until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a previously greased mold and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
2. Coconut Filling:
- In a bowl, combine the grated coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla.
- Once the cake is cool, divide it into two layers (horizontally).
- Spread the coconut filling on the bottom layer and then place the top layer of the cake on top.
3. Chocolate Coating:
- In a saucepan, heat the cream until it begins to boil. Then remove it from the heat and add the chocolate and butter.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and then blend until smooth.
- Allow it to cool slightly until it thickens a bit, and then pour it over the cake, covering it completely.